13 February 2011

Angry about Stupid Conservatives

This is a rant, it is my opinion and I cannot (or wish to) back it up with any references that I am usually fond of using like footnotes.

A long time ago, back in the 60's and 70's, the Conservatives seemed almost reasonable, they just had a different point of political view of our national landscape. Now, they foster a less moderate view than the John Birch Society or the KKK. I did say this was a rant.

I live in New Orleans, in the milieu of Louisiana, and I like our Charity Hospitals, I like Public Healthcare, I like Public Education, I like Public Transportation.

Paying taxes? Well, that goes back to the Fertile Triangle. Civilization has always paid taxes. It comes down to what you want and what you expect from government. Do you want Police and Firemen? Do you want drinking water and sewerage disposal, do you want recycling? How about education, parks, museums, music? If so, you must pony up with the taxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment